Wednesday, August 1, 2012

How Disney helped my Career



I never thought that interning at Disney would be a great thing for my career. I graduated in 2002 with a two year degree in Hospitality Mgmt. Degree. After 9/11 my hours at the resort I worked at were cut to one day a week?! I couldn't survive off of that & had to find a job elsewhere. I ended up temping at theState Department to get some office experience. My temp assignment ended & I had to find a new job fast. I ended up getting an interview with a government contractor. They loved that I had Disney on my resume. They kept asking me if my "Mousters" Degree was a typo on my resume. HAHA. In  interviews I got asked the most random questions because I had Disney on my resume but it helped me get my foot in the door of a great job. I haven't looked back since. If I could make the same salary I do now at WDW I would leave in a heartbeat! Even if you get a job working Quick Service as an intern take it! Disney always looks great on a resume no matter what job you had there & will open doors for you that normally wouldn't be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge