Thursday, March 20, 2014

50's Prime Time Cafe Mom's Meatloaf Recipe & Review...

Me & our friends at 50's Prime Time Cafe



We have dined at 50's Prime Time Cafe twice but have never eaten the meatloaf?! I normally get the always amazing Fried Chicken. I thought this recipe was going to be so complicated. It took me 15 minutes to get all the ingredients organized & chopped. Other than that it is easy as pie! 

I'm a VERY picky eater so I wasn't sure I was going to like this. It was amazing! My husband normally loves my bacon meatloaf & said this one was a tad bit better. I think he was just being nice. ;) As soon as he tasted it he couldn't stop "Mmmmm Mmmmmm Mmmmming" LOL This recipe make 2 loaves. I just wrapped the other in tinfoil & put in freezer. Remember to not add the sauce until the very end! Follow the directions ;) This is so juicy & flavorful! This is a new staple for sure. :)


INGREDIENTS:
2 lb ground beef
1 lb ground pork
4 eggs
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced green peppers
1/4 cup diced red peppers
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
Cracked black pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
½ cup Meatloaf Glaze (recipe below)
METHOD:
Chop peppers and onions and set aside for later use. Combine meats and seasonings. Add vegetables. Place meat mixture in oiled loaf pan. Bake at 350º F oven for 1 hour (internal temp 155º).

Brush meatloaf with meatloaf glaze. Bake another 10 minutes. Let meatloaf set 10 minutes, cut loaf and serve.
MEATLOAF GLAZE
INGREDIENTS:
½ cup ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tsp Dijon mustard
½ Tsp worcestershire sauce
METHOD:
Combine all ingredients until mixture is smooth






Please feel free to ask any questions!

Follow me on Pinterest at: 
Or on Tumblr at:

2 comments:

  1. I love how you're working your way through the Disney cookbooks! You're giving me inspiration on what to make on weekends :)

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge