Friday, March 21, 2014

Disney Bars Outside of the Parks....


I see a lot of questions online about the best bars to go to at WDW so I thought I'd write about it. On my last girl's trip we bar hopped a good amount.

The Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian Resort was one of my favorites. It is located right next to O'Hana's inside the hotel if you know where that is. We got to our Chef Mickey's dinner reservation way too early so rode the monorail over to the Polynesian.We both had fruity drinks. Monika had a mixed berry martini & I had some peach mixed drink. Both were excellent! It was our first night in Florida and we wanted to celebrate! The bartender was excellent there! I forgot his name though. :( It is a really cool tiki bar & I will definitely be back!

Tambu is steps from O'hanas


After dinner one night we decided to bar hop to a few places in DownTown Disney. I would NOT recommend Bongos Bar. The Peach Martini was not very good. We were the only two people sitting at the bar and the bartender seemed annoyed when we needed something?! We only stayed for one drink because of that.



After Bongos we headed to the old area of Pleasure Island. I've always wanted to try the Grey Goose Citron Lemon frozen drink. I hated it?! My friend ended up drinking it & enjoyed it.

pic courtesy of easywdw.com 

We then ventured over to Paradiso 37. This was my first time in there & it was really nice. I loved my strawberry daiquiri! I think Monika had a gin & tonic here which she enjoyed. The bar is really nice too! THe bartenders were very attentive & friendly here.



On another day we ate dinner at T-Rex and had the best surprise ever! They served my favorite beer (Yeungling) in HUGE frozen goblets so your beer is ice cold! We loved T-Rex! I wasn't sure what to expect.


Another night we were lucky enough to find seats at the bar at Raglan Road. I loved watching the Irish Dancers & the great beer!


On our last long trip my husband & I discovered Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club Resort. The bartender there was lovely! She even gave us the remote so my husband could watch the Hokies Football game! If you'd like to read a full review of that experience click here:

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com/2012/11/yacht-club-resort-ale-compass-lounge-bar.html




We weren't that impressed with JellyRolls. This is located at the Boardwalk area of WDW.You had to pay $10 to get inside and all the tables were full plus you had to pay for any requests of music. The bartenders weren't very good either. We only stayed for 2 beers.

Kimono's is a cute karaoke/sushi bar at the Swan Hotel. They will validate your parking here. I loved the seating. They had regular tables and a bunch of couches set up to relax in. The martinis weren't that great here so I'd stick to beer or something else here.

There are endless options of adult places to go for a good time! What are your favorites?


Please feel free to ask any questions!

Follow me on Pinterest at: 
Or on Tumblr at:


1 comment:

  1. It wasn't a gin and tonic! It was a MOJITO!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge