Monday, June 4, 2012

Disney College Program



I never heard of the Disney College Program ("WDWCP" but interns just say "CP") until I visited my friend at Virginia Tech. Her sorority sister roommate did the program and told me all about her experiences. It sounded amazing! I researched the program and got the interview schedule for a session near me.You need at least 1 semester in college before you are eligible with at least a C average. I was attending Northern Virginia Community College at the time but found Disney would be interviewing at a nearby college. I've always been a HUGE Disney fan. I was born in CA and went to DL often with my family. They interviewed us in groups. I was myself and tried to answer the questions as best as I could with a smile of course! I got a postcard in the mail 2-3 weeks later stating that I was accepted! I was SO excited as this would be my first time away from home. I would have to do my own laundry & dishes.

My first time doing the dishes with Dawn OOPS! ;)









 I admit I was very homesick the first month but I stuck it out. I made the most amazing friends! The parties are amazing & legendary. I lived in a gated community called Vista Way where most of the American interns live. The International interns live down the road in a community called the Commons. The only difference with their apartments was they had washer/dryers in their apartments. Vista Way is older but it was like living at a resort. We had two pools, two hot tubs, sand volleyball, basketball, clubhouse,weight room, & tennis! No guests are allowed in after 2am but I know people who snuck friends in.

 I highly recommend this program to any major. I was a Hotel Management major myself but anyone can go. I made life long friends. I attended a wedding of my old Vista Way neighbor & they just had their first baby recently. I know a few people who hated their roommates so left the program. I would NOT recommend that! Odds are your main friends are co-workers & neighbors plus you are always meeting new people at the pool or parties.

My old building # 18


You cannot enter VW without ID or being on guest list




































































You can either complete a program to receive a Mousters Degree or Ducktorate. I opted for the Mousters. I had had to write 8-10 papers for my college on my experience there during the semester. I attended a weekly seminar as part of the Learning experience. We learned how Disney does their business. I even shadowed one of the girls in HR at the resort I worked at.

I wouldn't be where I am today with out my Disney Experience.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to apply this Fall for the Spring 2013 session, definitely my ultimate dream at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Luck! It was an amazing experience two times over! Email me with any ?'s :)

      Delete

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge