Friday, May 18, 2012

Flower Power at the American Adventure

 On an April day in the spring of 1999 during my college program, I heard that there was going to be a series of “Flower Power” concerts. I don’t remember all the bands which were going to perform. They were all 60’s bands though, and one of them was Davy Jones! I told my friend Julie that we had to go! I liked Davy Jones from the Monkees TV show, and I also remember the time he was a guest star on the Brady Bunch, when Marcia promised her school that Davy Jones would perform. Anyway, I love Davy Jones! The Monkees had some pretty awesome songs, like “Daydream Believer,” “I’m a Believer,” and “Last Train to Clarksville.” Julie also loved Davy Jones, and we gathered up four other friends to go to the American Adventure pavilion at Epcot to watch him perform. The show was amazing! Julie, our other friends and I had really good seats, and Davy Jones walked right in front of us and asked us to sing into his microphone when he performed “The Brady Bunch theme song.” After the show, there was a Meet & Greet session, where my friends and I stood in line to get his autograph and pictures. This was the same day as our WDWCP Formal. When I had my opportunity to talk to Davy Jones, get his autograph and some pictures, I told him that our college program formal was that same night, and I asked him if he wanted to go with me! I felt like Marcia asking him to the dance! Davy Jones said “Maybe,” and it didn’t seem like him going was a real possibility… but I still had the experience of asking Davy Jones out! Unfortunately, on February 29, 2012, he passed away. You are missed, Davy Jones, you are missed.- Monika    
                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge