Sunday, May 20, 2012

Blue Sky Ideas







As a favor to Kate, I’ll try sharing some thoughts about additions to the Disney the parks I’ve come up with over the years.  


My background is that I’m a real-life engineer and a wannabe Disney Imagineer.  I’ve studied the parks and their histories extensively.
What is the meaning of Blue Sky?  The Blue Sky phase of a project is when the sky is the limit.  In Disney’s philosophy, one is not supposed to say “No, because…” at this stage.  Instead, one is supposed to say “Yes, if…” or even ignore the physical, financial or other realities of building a dream.
With that said, what sort of things have sprung up from my fertile mind and which ones do people want to hear detailed?  I can offer the following:


- A Greece Pavilion for Epcot (this one is huge, so I would have to break this up over several columns)


- A Mediterranean resort for Bay Lake


- A new continent for Disney’s Animal Kingdom.  No, not Australia.  Antarctica


- New and different water craft for the Seven Seas Lagoon, Bay Lake and other Disney waterways


- What to do about Hong Kong Disneyland’s lack of a Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor which is in a different land in each of the other parks ( Tomorrowland and Adventureland are available)


Another idea I had was to bring it back as Return to Inner Space using the former Wonders of Life Pavilion in Future World to house it. It would use the Body Wars simulators as Mark II Atommobiles.


I had a plan to replace the walkways of WDW with the surface inside The Boneyard and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play sets. That way your feet don't hurt after walking around all day. 
The other one was to use ultra-high performance concrete to make impossibly thin benches and bridges.


Unless there’s a huge response asking to do something else, I would like to start with Greece.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge