Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Disneyland Oatmeal Chocolate chip cookie recipe

I like to try out the Disney recipes now & then. I have made these cookies a few times. This recipe is AMAZING! I use ch. chips instead of raisins. The recipe says it only makes 24 but I can make 73 regular sized cookies with it?! I brought them to work today & they were gone by 11am! The guys said "they are crack & are Pepperidge Farms quality!"I'm a HUGE baker to begin with. Most of the Disney recipes I try are very good. I've only had a few flops so far. I will continue to post my Disney cooking recipes with reviews. These are definitely a crowd pleaser! See below for the Recipe!



I highly recommend this attachment saves me time!







After mixing crisco,sugars,eggs...



After mixing all the dry ingredients except ch chips & oats









DISNEYLAND CAFE OATMEAL-RAISIN COOKIES

Here's an old-fashioned favorite from the "Happiest Place on Earth" - Disneyland. The recipe is easy and quick to prepare, and the cookies are a great snack food. You also can take them to a new level by substituting dried cranberries or cherries for the raisins.

3½ cups all purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups plus 2 tablespoons shortening

1¾ cups packed brown sugar

1½ cups granulated sugar

3 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

4 cups rolled oats

2½ cups raisins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium mixing bowl, blend the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, blend the shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add the flour and baking powder mixture to the shortening mixture and combine until everything is well blended, about 2 minutes. Stir in the oats and raisins to finish making the dough.

Divide the dough into approximately 24 balls, each containing about 2 ½ tablespoons (about the size of an ice cream scoop). Place each ball on a baking sheet and press down until the dough is about ¼-inch thick and about 3 inches in diameter. The cookies should be separated by about 2 inches.

Bake for 9 to 12 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge