Sunday, February 28, 2016

Disney's Sunshine Seasons Strawberry Shortcake Recipe...





Disney's Sunshine Seasons Strawberry Shortcake Recipe



I had this recently for the very first time at Epcot & it was amazing! For that review click here:


I've been trying to eat healthy lately so my friend's birthday gave me the perfect excuse to make this as strawberry shortcake is her favorite dessert & I always make her something. I'll be honest when I first read this recipe I was a little bit overwhelmed & intimidated. I did the recipe a little bit different but will explain how in a minute. 

Yield: 12 servings 
Ingredients: 2 quarts fresh strawberries
1 sponge cake sheet (see recipe below)
1 quart whipped cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup strawberry glaze
strawberries for garnish
strawberry glaze for garnish 
Method of Preparation:
  1. Wash and dry strawberries. 
  2. Remove stems and cut in half lengthwise. 
  3. Prepare whipped cream by placing whipping cream in mixer on high speed. 
  4. Whip for 1-2 minutes. 
  5. Once cream starts to show some body, add powdered sugar and continue to whip until it forms stiff peaks. 
  6. Cut sponge cake sheet into three layers vertically. 
  7. Lay first layer of sponge inside 8 x 12 rectangular cake frame. 
  8. Top with whipped cream and strawberries. 
  9. Repeat process three times. 
  10. Remove frame and ice sides with whipped cream. 
  11. Comb top of cake and garnish with split strawberries and drizzled strawberry glaze. 
Sponge Cake:
Ingredients:3 each eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
powdered sugar 
Method of Preparation: 
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. 
  2. Line pan with cooking parchment paper, aluminum foil or waxed paper. 
  3. Spray with pan spray. 
  4. Beat eggs in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored. 
  5. Pour eggs into medium bowl. 
  6. Gradually beat in granulated sugar. 
  7. Beat in water and vanilla on low speed. 
  8. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt, beating just until batter is smooth. 
  9. Pour into pan, spreading to corners. 
  10. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 
  11. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan and turn upside down onto towel generously sprinkled with powdered sugar. 
  12. Carefully remove paper. 
  13. Trim off stiff edges of cake if necessary. 
  14. Cool on wire rack at least 30 minutes

First off if you make the recipe exactly as this recipe reads you will need a large serrated knife in order to cut all of the layers. I do not own one so I doubled the recipe & made in 3 batches. 

I used tinfoil & used Baking Pam spray for my baking sheets

My eggs mixture after 5 minute

It should be thicker like this in consistency




I baked these 10-12 minutes each  watch CAREFULLY!

The powdered sugar to put on towel when you flip it.


Move carefully to wire rack & let rest 30 minutes



While they were cooling I cut up the strawberries. I used Costco size. 8 cups= 2 quarts

This gets REALLY high & I only ended up making 2 layers or else it wouldn't fit in my travel cake pan to take to work.



I will say that it took me 3 hours from start to finish to make this. I will say that I didn't think there were enough strawberries in this & will add more next time. I also added a little sugar & vanilla to the whipping cream recipe. I found their version to be bland. I added one teaspoon of vanilla & 2 T of granulated sugar to the whipping cream as FYI. They also failed to give a strawberry glaze recipe so I just did without it.

Please let me know if you make this & how you like it. Feel free to send me an questions or recipe requests!!!

Please feel free to send me any questions that you may have. Thank you!  yohoyohobloggerslifeforme@gmail.com

Subscribe to my Disney Podcast ( Mousellaneous DIScussions and MousePort)on iTunes or Stitcher or listen by this link:
Follow me on Twitter at:
Please join my Disney FB Discussion Group!
Follow me on Pinterest at: 
Or on Tumblr at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge