Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Starring Rolls Chocolate peanut butter cupcakes recipe & review...




I wanted to make something new for my office this week so decided to give these a try. I have only had the red velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls myself but wanted to give this recipe a whirl. I followed the recipe to a tee but alas I was not impressed with these at all. They were ok. Honestly the batter tasted better. ha-ha The frosting was HARD To put on these w/o part of the cupcake crumbling. I'm an avid baker so I know it wasn't me. This is a fail for me & I don't think I'll be making these again. It is a shame because I loved the DL pumpkin cupcakes I made a few months ago. I will just have to try a new recipe for you guys next time! This recipe made about 18 for me

Chocolate Cake for Cup Cakes
2 cups all-purpose flour 
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1 cup boiling-hot water 
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup whole milk 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened 
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar 
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes 

For the Peanut butter topping mix:
1 cup Peanut Butter
1 cup Chocolate Fudge Icing
Pipe on top the Cup cake

1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine boiling-hot water and cocoa powder in a separate medium bowl, whisking until smooth. Whisk in milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce mixer speed to low. Alternately add flour mixture and cocoa mixture in 3 batches, beginning and ending with flour. Mixing until just combined. 
Fill Cup Cakes and bake at 340* F. for 25 minutes until cake feels firm to touch.


Mixing butter,sugars,&eggs


Mixing boiling water,vanilla,cocoa,&Vanilla





Please remember to "LIKE" me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge