Thursday, May 21, 2015

Disney's Virgin Records Megastore...

Disney's Virgin Records Megastore...




If you have been traveling to WDW for a long time then you remember the Virgin Records Megastore that was in DownTown Disney. I remember this store fondly & was SO sad to see it change  over the years. I remember the first time I saw it had changed & it was an exhibit of Princess Diana items.  

Cast Members got 10%-15% off in the store depending on the kind of items that you got. I had no access to a car to go to the mall so this place had SO many things that I love & miss. I travelled here many times to grab a magazine, CD, or a book. This was a MASSIVE store! It had a huge escalator leading up to the 2nd level. I didn't watch a lot of TV when I lived in Florida. I mainly listened to music, read magazines or books. I remembered there was a HUGE magazine & book section upstairs w/ tons of couches & lounge areas. I could literally be in that store for hours! Kids are so spoiled today w/ their iTunes. ;) Back in my day as a Disney intern we had to buy CD's kiddos. ;) I still have a lot of my CD's that I got here. My favorite one was the Cruel Intentions Soundtrack CD & the Bloodhound Gang The Bad Touch single CD . I did see that movie 2 or 3 times while living in Florida! : )  We used to be able see any movie  day or night for $4! It was a huge discount deal & we were well taken care of! I grew up watching "I Love Lucy" & always loved Ethel. I saw a biography of her life here & had to buy it! I still have that book to this day. I highly recommend it to anyone who is a Lucy fan. 
Pic courtesy of amazon.com

Do you have any Virgin Megastore memories??

Please feel free to send me any questions that you have. Thank you!  yohoyohobloggerslifeforme@gmail.com

Subscribe to my Disney Podcast ( Mousellaneous DIScussions)on iTunes or Stitcher or listen by this link:
Follow me on Twitter at:
Please join my Disney FB Discussion Group!
Follow me on Pinterest at: 
Or on Tumblr at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge