Friday, July 4, 2014

Disney's Strawberry Shortcake Recipe...





In honors of July 4th I thought I would make an All American summer dessert this year. This recipe comes from the Hoop Dee Doo at Wilderness Lodge in WDW. I haven't been to HDD since 1999 so I'm not sure if this recipe is exact. I didn't have a half sheet pan so I just used a normal sized cake pan for this recipe. I baked it for about 30-40 minutes checking on it every 10 minutes. I have a smaller oven than most people due to having a double oven. This came out SO good! I would totally make this for a large party or BBQ.




Ingredients
    Step 1
  1. 1 1/4 pound Cake Flour
  2. 1 1/4 pound Granulated Sugar
  3. 1/4 ounce Baking Powder
  4. Pinch Nutmeg
  5. 1/2 ounce Salt
  6. 1/2 pound Shortening ( I used butter flavored) 
  7. 1/4 pound Butter
  8. 8 ounces Milk
  9. Step 2
  10. 6 Eggs
  11. 4 ounces Milk
  12. 1/2 ounce Vanilla (Almond Extract can be substituted for vanilla)
Instructions
  1. Sift and blend all dry ingredients from Step 1 together.
  2. Add shortening, butter, milk, and mix 5-7 minutes at low speed.
  3. Combine all ingredients from Step 2 together and blend lightly.
  4. Add liquid mix from Step 2 to Step 1 in three parts, scraping down bowl between.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees until tester inserted into cake comes out clean.
  6. Add whipped cream and Smucker's Frozen Strawberries (thawed) to taste. ( I used fresh strawberries & cool whip) 
Please order this attachment to save yourself time.

After Step 1 is completed


After Step 2 is completed


Doesn't it look like a kitty?! ;)



Fresh cut Strawberries!


Please feel free to ask any questions!

Follow me on Pinterest at: 
Or on Tumblr at:

1 comment:

  1. The kids are obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake the character today. We'll have to make these. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge