Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World(r) Resort.
We want to thank you for your patience while we obtained the recipe for
the Vanilla Sauce (pudding) you enjoyed at the Biergarten during your
visit. Please know, this recipe has been converted from a larger
quantity in the restaurant kitchens and not tested for home use. The
flavor profile may vary from the restaurant's version.
Germany Biergarten, Epcot(r)
Ingredients for vanilla sauce:
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 each eggs
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
Method of preparation for vanilla sauce:
1. Combine the egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of a mixer.
2. Beat with a wire attachment until thick and light.
3. Scald the milk in a double boiler.
4. Then heat the heavy cream in a separate saucepan, then add to the milk.
5. With the mixer running at low speed, very gradually pour the
scalded milk into the egg mixture.
6. Pour back into the double boiler.
7. Heat it slowly, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to
coat the back of a spoon.
8. Remove from the double boiler and set it in a pan of cold water.
9. Stir in the vanilla.
10. Stir the sauce occasionally as it cools.
*All recipes are the property of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S.,
Inc., and may not be reproduced without express permission.
Kate, we hope that you enjoy making this recipe and it brings fond
memories to mind. We hope to see you and your family at Walt Disney
World Resort in the near future.
If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact