Sunday, June 3, 2012

DisneyLand Hotel Monorail Cafe Banana Bread YUM!

This is probably the most used Disney recipe that I have made over the years. This is SO easy to make plus I always have the items needed to make this in my pantry to begin with! I have made this over 30 times at least over the years! I do not use walnuts myself but feel free to add them to the recipe. This recipe will make 2 loaves. I normally leave one at home & take one to work to share. Just make sure to mix the salt,baking soda & flour up good. I didn't one time & the salt clumped together! OOPS! Also everyone's ovens are different. This recipe says to bake for 60 minutes but in my oven it can bake in 45-50 minutes easily so be sure to check on it around that time frame! I spray baking PAM in my loaf pans as well beforehand.

A quick tip is that I organize all my recipes in a binder into see through plastic sleeves. You can get the plastic sleeves at staples or any office store. I just use the generic ones with the hole punched ones for easy access. Plus it won't get my recipes dirty. I really need to replace this plastic sleeve since I've used it so much & it has gotten splattered on!





















Mixed all the wet ingredients together






After mixing the dry ingredients to the mixture


Banana Bread

Monorail Café

1 c. butter (2 sticks)
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. bananas, mashed
1/4 t. vanilla extract
3 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking soda
1 c. walnuts, chopped (Optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside. Melt butter on the stove or in the microwave. Mix butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add bananas and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture and walnuts and blend until all flour is moist. Grease 2 loaf pans and divide batter equally between the 2 pans. Bake for 1 hour or until center of loaf is firm and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook

Kate Smith likes

Yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.comYohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Create your Like Badge